What is the purpose of pre-nups and post-nups?
The purpose of an agreement, is to reflect the intentions of both parties and can be used to acknowledge different scenarios such as:
- One side of the family putting money into a property.
- Unequal contribution of capital into a property.
- A pre-existing family business.
- The existence of a trust fund with the release/future anticipation of inheritance monies;
- Entering into a second marriage, where you seek to ensure capital is protected for example, to pass to children from a previous relationship.
Relationship planning can assist in these circumstances and enables you to have frank conversations and both take responsibility within the relationship.
There are lots of things to consider and our friendly and highly experienced Family Law experts can help guide you through. We want to ensure that you have an agreement that works for you both and helps protect both of you, now and in the future.
We have offices in Chippenham, Devizes, Marlborough, Royal Wootton Bassett and Swindon and offer free, initial consultations. Make a quick enquiry via our website or E: firstname.lastname@example.org